Tuesday 24 August 2010

Russell Crowe is in... The Rocky Horror Picture Show?


I was cruising on Twitter as I normally am (@KellyAlyse if you're interested) and someone Tweeted an intriguing little message suggesting that Russell Crowe, actor in Gladiator and Robin Hood, performed in the VERY CAMP Rocky Horror Picture Show?

Now, as much as I'd love to believe all the people I read on Twitter, I thought this had to be fake or a ploy to get us to watch the video. Anyhow, it worked and I watched. Guess what, IT'S FREAKING TRUE!

Hard man Crowe performed in 1987 on Australia's stage as Eddie and Dr. Scott in The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Moving across in a very camp manner, he actually plays the character with incredible charm and wit. Who knew this mancho man had it in him? Plus, he's got a pretty good voice too!

Take a look yourself, it's priceless:

1 comment:

  1. Russell did about 450 shows, mostly playing Eddie and Dr. Scott, but he also did some shows as Frank N Furter.

    I don't know how to post a photo here but will email it to you.

    ReplyDelete