Monday 2 January 2012

2012 is already turning out to be cra...

... ZY.

So, it's only the 2nd of January and I already have lots of things to look forward to.

1 - Returning to university.

Although 3rd year is horribly stressful, who I'm living with, what I'm studying and where I am is incredible this year. I live with 3 other wonderful ladies who also study film. They're all mental... But in a good way, it's not like I'm living in an asylum. The topics we've chosen seem to be really interesting ('Sexualities in Cinema' and 'Cinema and Realism', if you're interested), as oppose to the standard ones you're given in first and second year. Our house is lovely and CLEAN, and Brighton especially is just getting better and better the more I discover it. I have great friends from Angel Food and HMV, and an alright boyfriend so going back to university is only a delight.                                                                    

2 - I have a new job.

As well as working in the lovely Angel Food Bakery with these crazy girls (including another gorgeous girl to my left in this photo who also studies film), I will also be working for Bullet PR - A creative PR company in Brighton. I did a few days work experience at the beginning of December and they've asked me to come back one day a week. I am so unbelievable happy about this.

3 - Graduating.

After starting in 2009, I'm finally finishing university. I say "finally" as if I've been waiting desperately for this to happen - That's only half true. I do absolutely love the lifestyle, the social life, the friends, the classes, the course, the uni. But I am completely ready to stop referencing and getting results back... Just after another 16,000 words to write.

4 - A holiday.

I haven't been able to sit on a sandy beach, swim in the warm sea, wear a bikini or get a tan since I was about 14 I think. I'm going to be 22 this year. How awful is that?! After university my boyfriend and I have decided we need to let our skin feel the loveliness of vitamin D. This means a holiday with a plane involved. That's not quite the same as a 5 hour journey in a car to the cold, cold Cornwall but I think I'll be okay.

5 - Going into the real world.

All I want is to leave university and go into Film PR. I'm not stupid. I know this is near impossible but I am going to do all I can to make this happen. It might take days, months or years, but this WILL happen. It's my calling, I can feel it. I've done work experience in almost everything else to do with film, and this is the only thing I really enjoy and do well. So, if I don't make it happen I'm pretty much screwed. Unless I open up a cupcake shop, which is my  back up plan.


I don't really make New Year's Resolutions - I give into temptation too much to say "I'm not going to eat chocolate." Plus, I do work in a shop that sells cake so you tell me how I could go on a diet with discounted cake in front of me?


Instead I think of things I'd like to do. The things on this list include things I'd like to do, like graduating and getting a job, so I'll stick with those. Maybe I'll add "Buy more DVDs" to the list as well.



So, there you go. 5 things that makes this year CRAZY already.

Wow.

Happy New Year! 

Make this year excellent. 

4 comments:

  1. Extra things to make this year amazing = The Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit. I can't believe how much we've grown in three years. I loves ya! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria Russell2 January 2012 at 23:23

    Mental?! I'll have you know I'm extremely normal! Although I've spent the past few hours talking to myself whilst using highlighters, and I ate a whole pack of pringles, but apart from that I'm golden!

    Brighton loves you and I do too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOU TOO MORE THAN I LOVE CUPCAKES. There, I said it.

    ReplyDelete